Notifications
Clear all

Saturday morning, stupid o'clock, and we're off again

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

It's 4:55 a.m. London time, and I've just poured out a second cup of tea. Playing at a Halloween party in Frankfurt this evening, so trusting my main concert axe to the airheads at Ryanair. I hope I don't regret it.

See you all in the small hours of Tuesday morning.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 29/10/2005 2:56 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like fun. Hope it's a great gig!
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 29/10/2005 11:46 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I hope your guitar has a good journey (as well as you, of course).
If you've ever watched the TV programme "Airport", you'll know that you need to be there in plenty of time. Ryanair is the public transport system of air travel. You know, the bus driver who sees you running for the bus and waits until you get not quite close enough to get on before pulling away. That seems to be Ryanair's style.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 29/10/2005 1:54 pm
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

When we came back from Italy in September, there was a lady in the queue who said Ryanair make their money by slamming the check-in desk shut bang on time, then charging you another £250 to get you on the next flight. We checked in really early tonight to come home and went and had some beers in the airport restaurant.

The gig went down a storm - there were polite rounds of applause and cameras flashing constantly so maybe I might get some good gig photos to show round.

It's ten past one in the morning, and I've got to go to the factory tomorrow. Ugh. When's my next holiday.......?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 01/11/2005 12:10 am