Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

???

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Well this seems to be a fairly dead forum  ???

(@alangreen)

It has its quiet moments, but it's here to focus on women's issues in music and they don't bang on like us guys do.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Or maybe women think more before they post.  I know I should do that more.  I drop by this forum here and there to get some ideas.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Could be their busy practicing and learning other guitar things.
To stop by and say Hi.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@olive)
Estimable Member

Or maybe it's because we have to spend all of our free time taking care of you men!  ;D

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Ouch!   :'(  That hurts.  Probably because I think you're right!  I'm of the opinion that life is tougher for women than men in most ways.  Elaboration would take pages and pages.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Well that totally depends on the individual. But I don't want to get into that whole argument. lol

Btw, I saw on this little show at 6:30 in the morning this group, a chick (she was hot. Although I'm sure the women didn't need to know that.) singing and playing rhythm and a dude (he was only so-so. Not very hot if you ask me. But the dudes didn't need to know that.) playing lead guitar. I think their names were Eve and Adam, and I got the impression she was pretty much the singer/songwriter/frontwoman of the group. Anyway, they were totally amazing. I mean awe-inspiring. With two guitars, these two people who I have never heard of, probably never will hear of again (I tried looking for them online but had no luck), were right up there with whom I consider the greats. (Portishead, Bjork, Peter Gabriel, Dave Matthews, etc.)
I was totally taken with the two songs they played, and I just thought it was a terrible shame that they'll never be famous and most people will never hear their music, because they don't fit the marketable pop music world.

Ps. I figured this thread had no topic anyway, so it's therefor impossible for me to be off topic. ;D

ReplyQuote
(@olive)
Estimable Member

Ziggy, what kind of music did these folks play?  What was the name of the show they were on?  Now I'm intrigued and want to find out who the mystery players are.  :P

Olive

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

ReplyQuote