6 Users
0 Likes
(@sara-avacolt)
Topic starter  

Hey, I'm so bored. i can't play my guitar right either. :(

Sara owns joo!!!!

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Hey Sara, Welcome to GN.. This is a great sight.

DO you have any beginner books? If not, I suggest try and get some, better if you can find(afford) something with a DVD. I've only started playing in October, but I've made a lot of progress and its so cool now.

What kind of music do you like?

Do you know how to read TAB? I'd suggest ya learn.. its really easy. Then you can go and download a ton of tabs to your favorites songs and learn some licks/riffs off of them. One super tab sight is http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

Anyhoo, thought I'd say Hi.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@sara-avacolt)
Topic starter  

Yes, i can play tabs i can read t hem to but i cant play most of them.

Sara owns joo!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I have to suggest David Hodge's wonderful "Easy Songs For Beginners" lessons which can be found here................

https://www.guitarnoise.com/topics/easy-guitar-songs/

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Yes, i can play tabs i can read t hem to but i cant play most of them.

Lem'me correct you? You can't play them YET!! don't forget that last part.

I was lucky enough to have started a few months back and decided to learn some christmas songs and with alot of practice I did pretty well learning and reading those much loved songs.

Practice, practice, practice..... that's been the most consistent advice I've gotten here.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@sara-avacolt)
Topic starter  

I can play like the first part in iron man seven nation army and smoke on the water.

Sara owns joo!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@catalina3899)
Estimable Member

I remember just a year ago telling my wife i would never be able to form a G chord. Don't give up, like everyone is telling you, it will all come in time and you are in the correct forum.

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

If you look ANYTHING like your Avatar, I am sure a few of the guys on here can arrange some lessons for you.....

Seriously, if you're bored - that's a great time to learn something, your brain will be nice and quiet and ready to absorb stuff - get your guitar, learn a new chord, play through the songs on the Beginners Lessons, anything!

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@honeytone)

I have to suggest David Hodge's wonderful "Easy Songs For Beginners" lessons which can be found here................

https://www.guitarnoise.com/topics/easy-guitar-songs/

I'll second that suggestion. :D

They are some of the easiest and best explained lessons I've ever come across....Full credit to David.

ReplyQuote