0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

She's definitely still here! I was talking to her on MSN a week or so ago! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Hello all, I'm female, although sometimes I've felt like changing my user name to George, just kidding, sort of. Once I got told I could pass for either, which didn't do much for my self esteem :cry: typical insensitive Aussie male comment. Hmm I'm going off to practise guitar now, and muse about the possibility of owning a Gibson bluegrass mandolin:)

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

oops, didn't mean to imply that all Aussie males are insensitive :)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's not an Aussie thing. Just a male thing. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

yay! finally got my guitar and can really join in the fun ;-). i ended up with a martin 00-15 and am loving it!

I love the color of that guitar. That is the coolest acoustic i've seen in a long time.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

OK I haven't a clue, someone treat one-winged angel shabbily and she left?????

Missed this thread..........I'm still here. At least physically, mentally is debateable.
We like OWA. She's a valued contributor. Nobody'd better be treating her shabbily; if they do, we'll turn em over to Iron-Fisted Nick.

Aww thanks Ricohet.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

yay! finally got my guitar and can really join in the fun ;-). i ended up with a martin 00-15 and am loving it!

I love the color of that guitar. That is the coolest acoustic i've seen in a long time.

the martin 15 series is all mahogany. that's why it's that color.

they're running out of mahogany to make guitars with so i say get one while the getting is still good!

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I keep doing a double-take on that Martin because it looks so much like my solid mahogany Oscar Schmidt OG-5 SM.

This photo doesn't do the resemblance justice at all (the pickguard on mine is tortoise-shell, not as dark as the photo looks, and the grain isn't as obvious in person) but you can get the idea anyway.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Some kinds of mahogany pretty much have run out already. Lots of different woods are called "mahogany" in the trade, and the ones that are most available and used have changed over the years.

People tend to forget that there are other woods suitable for guitar tops besides spruce and cedar. Mahogany was once fairly popular.

Washburn's recently offered tops made of "Mountain Ash" (I have one of those) and Sapele (one of the woods now often called mahogany), but AFAIK both in laminated form. Still, the laminated ash D11 dreadnought I have is very nice sounding.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Martin is making the 15s in sapele but i think you can still get one in mahogany. i'd like to have one but i can't get a new guitar right now. and when i do get a new guitar..well, there's a lot of them that i'd like to have.

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Sadly Ricochet, some females are very insensitive too, :)

(I edited my post, it sounded too ikky to leave, :oops: , Violet)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, I've got one too.

I was just joking of course. :D

ReplyQuote
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

Hello all! Thought I would quit lurking too and introduce myself properly somewheres....

Definitely female here if not exactly a girl... I used to be a lonely piano-playing teenage nerd and then I was an electric piano-playing ski bum and then I was a mandolin-pickin treeplanter and then became a career-orientated tech with very little time for music! and a mom again with even less time! and finally lost it completely one morning last October and bought a cheap guitar on ebay. Turns out it is smaller than a regular acoustic -and cheap or not, has become a passion.... although my toddler is not feeling ready to be replaced by a GUITAR :shock:

My limited musical background has come in pretty handy and while I'm learning guitar on my own right now, I gratefully accept any and all tips! - obviously I have MOUNTAINS to learn - hopefully I can offer a bit of too, maybe speed up the learning curve for other beginners - sometimes I have found that while the long-time pros (and this is true for a few disciplines) know a LOT, sometimes they have either forgotten what it's like to be totally new or they just have so much natural talent they can't understand why I'm having so much trouble LOL

Glad to meet all of you and now I think I need to go post a question on the thumb-on-the-neck thing!

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, StellaBloo! And to "The Other Side"! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! Everyone here is always more than happy to answer any question you might have! Good luck balancing time between guitar and toddler!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

I wonder if I'm the only Canadian. ? Hmm... Anyways... Just saying Hi to all you gals:))

prblack One Wing Angel is a Canadian, and really we don't hold it againt the two of you, you can't help it :wink:

Not only am I Canadian, I'm a Newfoundlander. And no, I don't live in an igloo. :wink: Best to ask OWA why that's funny. :wink: Mainlanders tend to say a lot of things no one else finds funny 8)

Ethan

P.S: Just joking around-No offense meant to OWA or anyone else from the main part of Canada.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 12