Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Females Come Out!!!

174 Posts
68 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You Canadians don't all live in igloos? How many different words for snow do you have in your language?
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Two, actually. There's "snow" and "That G/D White Stuff that keeps filling up the driveway"

Ethan

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That translates well to Tennessean. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Yeah, I figured it would :lol:

And, with the igloos remark I mainly meant Newfoundlanders specifically. I know people from the mainland of Canada that think Newfoundlanders all live in igloos :roll:

Ethan

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Well, they could fly over and take a gander!

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gander is the name of the town I live in...Funny coincidence

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I was making a wee little punny. :D

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Oh, you noticed that.

From the air, the town looks like the head of a goose. No joke. Got to love Newfanese humor :lol:

Ethan

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Gotta take what you can get. :D

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

S'pose B'y (Bit of Newfie talk there)

Seriously though, neither of my parents are from here and they don't really get the culture here. It's a metal town, which I hate, but if you dig deep enough, there's a hardcore group of musicians and classic rockers too 8)

Ethan

ReplyQuote
(@speckledfin)

Hello Everyone!!! I'm another female from Canada who is learning to play electric guitar!!! I actually started to take lessons so that my 11 year old daughter would have someone to go with,but she quite and I LOVED it so I kept going!!! Its only been 4 months but I am so glad I did it!!! I am having the time of my life!!!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome, Speckledfin! We're always happy to welcome another female into our midst!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@medarrah)
Estimable Member

im a female!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, welcome to you, too, Medarrah! Our ranks are growing!!! YAY!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@medarrah)
Estimable Member

thanks! I feel so welcomed here. :D

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 12