20 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Bonnie Raitt
Susan Tedeschi

...and me! :P (just kidding...)

Modesty is ok. Post us something to hear from your vast collection of talents. I'll give a listen.

Better yet, join in on the online jams. They are a blast.

In fact, I think it would be cool if four of you ladies got together and collaborated on a forum jam of your own. If you need backing tracks we have MASTERS here who can fill that requirement.

I look forward to some quality entertainment.

I would be happy to even mix and host if you needed. If I can help....let me know.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I started trying to get a female collaboration started before I got sick last year. I recently re-posted http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=13640 and so far have me and prblack (who has been waiting a year to do this!!!). We need some more ladies!!! prblack is a bass player, I can do either rhythm or lead guitar and lay down drum tracks and any percussion we might need. I am also willing to do vocals... either lead or harmony. We need another guitar player or two!! Oh! And, I can get my friend, Susan, to lay down a keyboard track. All we need are more willing participants of the female persuasion!!!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

LET'S GIT-R-DUN!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I agree! Ladies?

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

First there was Nancy Wilson.
Now:
Gabriela
Mimi Fox

ReplyQuote
(@decieved)
Trusted Member

im not really aware of any female guitarists. does anyone know if there are any that play metal?

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

JJ - Joan Jett, for the pure rock-n-roll attitude she has always conveyed (old school jump around, play freakin' loud, sweat and grin, 'I'm playin' big ol' barre chords and so what?' rock and roll), and for the fact that she does USO - and has for many years, while other 'stars' have stayed safely home - for her unblinking social commentary (again, that rock and roll attitude).

Plus she's left-handed ;)

Oh, and she is about the ONLY guitarist I've ever heard of who actually uses the Dunlop Sharkfin picks - kudos on that.

So What Would Joan Jett Do? Play rock and roll.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

im not really aware of any female guitarists. does anyone know if there are any that play metal?

http://www.silk-matricide.net/morgan/media/videos/nasolooutro.php

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

FIona Boyes was the first Australian, and first woman (!), to win the prestigious Blues Foundation INternational BLues Challenge in Memphis (I think) in 2003, you can here samples on Amazon.

Also been enjoying listening to Cynthia Catania, pop rock I guess, great voice also :D

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Tara Mcleod {Kittie}

Britt Black {Britt Black}

ReplyQuote
(@ririzarry)
Eminent Member

I recently heard of Orianthi and I'm really enjoying her playing - chops with taste. Here's a video of her playing an instrumental called "Lights of Manos".

Regards,

Rob

Building the Ergonomic Guitar

Guitar Designs. Ergonomics. Guitar Making.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Ririzarry, I think you may have forgotten to add the link to the video!! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

Joni Mitchell has always been one of my guitar favorites/inspirations.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2