Clear all

Nina Nastasia

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@purple)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Someone recently recommended I check out her music, which all is at least 2 years old I believe (I am slow on the learning curve), and I really like it. Just wondering if there are any other fans out there, or just to get some other opinions about her music.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

(@manontheside)
Estimable Member

ust wondering if there are any other fans out there

I'm thinking of becoming one :D

"I wish there was an over the counter test for my loneliness"

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Cool.. She has a beautiful voice and always sounds like she is singing effortlessly. I have seen her labeled as country, but when I hear most of her music, the best way i can describe it is as something you would imagine you would hear (not saying you would because I don't know) around a gypsy campfire. If you don't have an album yet, I would definitely go out and buy one. I really like Run to Ruin, but I think the favorite among fans might be the Blackened Air.

ReplyQuote
(@manontheside)
Estimable Member

I'm listening to Stormy Weather over and over and I sort of imagine her like a female Damien Rice or something in that category.

Anyway, I'm loving this, I need to get myself an album ASAP :)

"I wish there was an over the counter test for my loneliness"

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I only know a little bit of Damien Rice but I can definitely see the comparison. And actually now that you said that, you might have convinced me to go out and get a Damien Rice album. I don't know where you know "Stormy Weather" from, but if you did the ghastly thing of downloading it off the internet, I can recommend a few other songs to check out. I know downloading is the devil but I got tired of buying CD's for $20 that I only like one song on and if I do like the music I always buy the album. Anyway, I really like: Jimmy's Rose Tatto, Judy's in the Sandbox, A Dog's life, This is What it Is, Ocean, You Her and Me, Superstar, On Teasing. I am pretty sure she only has the three albums, Dogs, the Blackened Air, and Run to Ruin, and I can honestly say you can't go wrong with any one of them. Dogs is the first one and the one with Stormy Weather on it. Let me know what you think if you do get an album. Hopefully, I will not have lead you astray.

ReplyQuote
(@mr_clean001)
Estimable Member

Nina just performed here in Longmont not too long ago. Ex-girlfriend is a huge Nina fan and went to the show. Doesn't move me, but she is talented.

"Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest...if it makes you
feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers.
Then you'll know you're on to something!"
- Ted Nugent

ReplyQuote