Adverts on GN - product quality assessment

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@montezuma)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi,
I see a lot of interesting ads on GN and follow the links. Many are for lessons or courses that, of course, are the best thing that will ever happen to us - once we have parted with our money.
Now, I know you are very busy at GN and wont have time to review all the products & services advertised on the site but perhaps we could have a section for contributor reviews of advertised products.
I know we have a reviews section but is there a way we can devote a section to the things that are advertised on the site which many people will assume are endorsed by GN. (There is a puzzle site for example - I have not been tempted to follow the link - am I missing out?? :) I am often tempted by guitar lesson ads etcbut I get put off by the hard sell techniques employed when I follow the links - Im sure some of them might just be as good as they claim to be but I need a second opinion.
Just a thought
Ola

“Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you.” - Winnie the Pooh

Posted : 19/11/2007 1:41 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

All I ever see are 'free smileys' and some awful elephant screensaver/wallpaper. Mmmm, tasteful :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 19/11/2007 2:36 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Of course we'd like to publish your reviews (lessons and articles too). Some general guidelines for submitting material can be found at https://www.guitarnoise.com/faq.php?id=138 .

We can usually score a free copy of most guitar lesson products. If someone proves to be a good reviewer we could send some of those freebies your way.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 19/11/2007 3:03 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

every single product advertised here at GN that i have tried, has been of the highest quality, and has satisfied me completely.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#4491....

Posted : 19/11/2007 5:51 pm
(@montezuma)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

OK you`re on - I'll do (almost) anything for a freebie. :twisted:
I will submit my proposal for a review (of the course im currently using)as per instructions.
Then hopefully you'll be so impressed you'll cadge me a freebie for my next review.
Standby . . .

Ola

“Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you.” - Winnie the Pooh

Posted : 19/11/2007 6:35 pm