Clear all

Has GN been slow? Up and down?

21 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I seem to be having intermittent problems accessing GN, both the forums and the other pages. Been this way for a week or so. I keep getting logged out, too. Anything going on?

P.S. No problems with any other site I visit, just GN.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 28/03/2006 1:16 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

It's been slow for me too. I haven't been logged out that I can remember, just extremely slow loading pages, and sometimes I get the "cannot find server" screen.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 28/03/2006 2:08 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

same here. i thought it was just me. 8)

#4491....

Posted : 28/03/2006 2:09 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Vic was complaining last night on MSN that he had been trying to get onto GN for about 6 hours with no luck. He kept getting "Cannot find server", too. For me it's been intermittently slow for about a week (which is what I think accounts for some of those accidental double posts, too!). I've never been unable to get to the site, though.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 28/03/2006 2:14 am
(@steves)
Estimable Member

I noticed it today too. Got lot's of "page not found" or really slow response time. Must be something going on.

Posted : 28/03/2006 2:26 am
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I was blaming "Cannot Find Server" on my DSL or IE. Or another possibility Guitar Noise, Nick, and the team were busy working on the site as to why I couldn't get access. Bandwidth trouble maybe?

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 28/03/2006 3:25 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Same here.. but like others I thought it was just me. Been really bad the past two days for me.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 28/03/2006 7:17 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Ditto here.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 28/03/2006 8:35 am
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Another country heard from...
It's been doing the same thing tome as well.

Usually sorts itself out after a few minutes, though.

Without taking the time to diagnose it, I'd guess it's a problem of some kind at the hosting company.
I wonder what other sites are hosted at the same place, and if they are seeing the same kind of issues?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 28/03/2006 8:51 am
(@alangreen)

We've had the odd moment, but it's nothing to worry about - are any of you getting double posts as well?

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 28/03/2006 10:10 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Sorry all, I've been away jamming and haven't been on the boards until late yesterday.

I'll take a look into it and find out from the host what issues they are having.

Posted : 28/03/2006 10:45 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Being in China I'm kind of used to slow connections and sites (including this one) being unavailable at times. I haven't been doing much that should be slowing things down. Although I did have something installed on the server yesterday. I won't tell you what was installed because it will only interest true computer geeks and hackers. Hopefully it is some temporary network thing that will go away. But it's worth looking into.

And slejhamer, next time GN releases a CD of some kind I'd love to use your avatar for the cover. It's a wicked picture. :D

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 28/03/2006 11:59 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Although I did have something installed on the server yesterday. I won't tell you what was installed because it will only interest true computer geeks and hackers.

Seems speedy this morning. 8)

EDIT: of course, shortly after I submitted this, GN became inaccessible again. :cry:

And slejhamer, next time GN releases a CD of some kind I'd love to use your avatar for the cover. It's a wicked picture.
LOL! I'll have to get permission from the boy's parents, but they probably won't mind. Might just need to send them a copy of the CD as compensation. Oh, and one for me too! :wink:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 28/03/2006 1:04 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Something I've noticed about double posts - I was posting something the other day, hit submit, got the "cannot find server" page....so I went back via the green arrow to the post and hit submit again....this time, after a while, it worked ..... twice.... I'm guessing that may be something to do with the frequent number of double posts lately?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 28/03/2006 2:22 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Something I've noticed about double posts - I was posting something the other day, hit submit, got the "cannot find server" page....so I went back via the green arrow to the post and hit submit again....this time, after a while, it worked ..... twice.... I'm guessing that may be something to do with the frequent number of double posts lately?

:D :D :D

Vic

In the same vein, and maybe I am saying the same thing but I am exhausted right now, I have noticed that when I hit submit and get the cannot be found. I can go directly to that thread and refresh and sometimes my post will be there and some times it wont. BUT, even when its not there I can come back in a few minutes and it is there.

So I guess when you hit submit, just assume it posted. Come back in a few and see if it did or not.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 28/03/2006 2:30 pm
Page 1 / 2