Here Comes Your Man?

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Hi David.

I know you're really busy, what with your book and everything, but if you're stuck for a song to cover in your next article, then how about "Here Comes Your Man" by the Pixies?

It seems like it contains a variety of different techniques, covers several different genres and work well as an instrumental too.

What do you think?

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

Posted : 09/01/2006 2:12 pm
(@davidhodge)

Hi Helgi

I haven't heard that song in ages but I think you're right. Sigh. Another thing to add to my list...

Peace

Posted : 10/01/2006 12:15 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ha Ha , helgi...

I am ahead of you on david's waitlist ...:wink: with country roads..

Infact i just want to figure out that song somehow...i.e. how does john denver plays guitar on most of his songs.I guess that's called country lead guitar..and even the rhythm guitar in 'thank god i am a country boy'

Oh wait ! i just added another one in his list :twisted:

Sometimes i feel that why is it only his resposibilty to arrange songs for us.I mean there are so many good guitarists out here.Someone please take an initiative to write an article out for us.

I have been fiddling around with an article on 'GAS' (no joke) and alan jackson's 'Remember when'.Let the exams get over which by the way are finishing on 20 jan and then...i may do some serious writing and music studying (along with my commerce )

Hope to contribute to this site in future , :D

Rahul

Posted : 10/01/2006 1:28 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

We may not all write articles - probably because we're not as good at getting the point across as the revered DH (and in my case bacause I've never learned to read music) but there are quite a few of us who tab songs out for the easy songs forum - after I did "Paint it Black" by the Stones (took me about 2 days of solid listening, I was sick of the song by the time I'd finished) I realised just how much work goes into one of those lessons of his....I'd say I spent about 24 man-hours on that song, and David's articles are far more comprehensive than my tabs....

If David managed to do articles or lessons on all the requests he's had, he'd probably be retired by the time he got half-way through.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/01/2006 7:48 pm
(@davidhodge)

If David managed to do articles or lessons on all the requests he's had, he'd probably be retired by the time he got half-way through.....

:D :D :D

Vic

Or I'd have to live totally on the substenence of others, giving up my students, any practicing or playing at all, and it wouldn't matter anyway because my partner would kill me before I even got more than an eighth of the way there. She hates it when I don't make her coffee. :wink:

Peace

Posted : 12/01/2006 1:48 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

She could have come to the coffee house..

By the way..david someone (ok laz ) said your a great cook.Was wondering if that's where the rest of your time goes :wink: (and of course the coffee , the coffee !)

Posted : 12/01/2006 8:12 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

When we hang out at che David-David's partner, he makes the coffees/lattes for all of us, and often cooks some pretty cool dishes as well. For those of you who attend his seminars, this is one of the side benefits. And I can attest to the fact that David's partner gets hers first -- better for everyone that way (as she will freely admit).

Back OT: Here Comes Your Man is a great tune. Loved the video as well.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 14/01/2006 8:32 pm