Notifications
Clear all

Lesson Suggestion--Jazz Chords

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ds1978)
Topic starter

It might be nice to spend a little time with jazz chords. They're more frequently used on electric guitar, and I realize that this site caters to an acoustic base, but a lot of acoustic artists are using them these days. It might be nice to do a write up on them. I could send a draft for review if anyone would like, but it would be a superficial treatment.

If any one thinks this is a great (or amazingly bad) idea, feel free to let me know.

Posted : 16/11/2006 3:45 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Have you had a chance to look at:

Jazz Comping, Jazz Comping 2 (this lesson introduces new chords as well), Jazz Comping III, chord extensions, Jazz Comping 4, more revelations on chord extensions, and Jazz comping 5, quartal shapes? Are those the kinds of lessons you're looking for?

By the way, I think we're pretty much an equal mix of acoustic and electric (not to mention bass!)

Do a search with "jazz" as your keyword on the lessons page. You'll find a number of lessons there that might suit your needs.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 16/11/2006 7:29 pm
(@ds1978)
Topic starter

Wow! Actually that's pretty much exactly along the lines of what I was looking for. All I initially saw were the lessons on barre chords with 7th extensions (that would be lesson one I believe). The subsequent articles--starting with lesson 4--were more focused on the non-barre extended chords that jazz players love so much. That's an outstanding set of articles!

Thanks for your help btw, I've lurked for a while, but only in the songs sections. I'm still getting to know how to use the site. :D

Posted : 17/11/2006 6:56 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

(By the way, I've been around for a while but I'm still figuring out how to use the site too!)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 17/11/2006 9:45 pm