(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

C'mon Dave. I know you can do it!!

Jane

Posted : 26/11/2006 11:54 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

But if you're in a hurry, I'd recommend you pick up David's new book. It's a steal for $14.93; and in addition to teaching bass skills and techniques, it has loads of useful information on bass maintenance:

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 26/11/2006 12:56 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

But if you're in a hurry, I'd recommend you pick up David's new book. It's a steal for $14.93; and in addition to teaching bass skills and techniques, it has loads of useful information on bass maintenance:

been there, done that. LUV the book. Have a lesson on Tuesday lined up. LUV the bass.

wait...$14.93. I think i paid $21.95 at Barnes and Noble. Oh, well. still worth it.

Posted : 26/11/2006 5:24 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

I think the link from the front page of the site takes you to Amazon where you can buy it for the lower price. Still, as you say, it's worth the extra!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 26/11/2006 5:34 pm
(@davidhodge)

Resolution for 2007 - no more spare time! :wink:

Seriously, Pearl, do you want things on specific topics or in the style of the song lessons. For instance, I'm currently working up a bass lesson on the Beatles' song Something. The meat of the lesson is how to go about taking the existing bass line from the song and to go about making minor improvisations on it, based on knowing simple scales and arpeggios. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

And thanks, by the bye, for buying the book. Let me know about all the mistakes you find in it as we're putting together an "errata page" that should be online sometime in the next few weeks.

Peace

Posted : 27/11/2006 1:39 am
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I don't think my answer is going to help you out very much.

I'm really looking for anything that I have a chance of playing on the bass! It would be nice to have a beginners songs and an intermediate songs area for bass like there is for guitar.

What your proposing about the song Something sounds interesting. What I would really like to do eventually is to be able to take my knowledge of the basics, like some technique, some scales, some arpeggios, and sit around and come up with cool sounding stuff.

Posted : 29/11/2006 1:26 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

The meat of the lesson is how to go about taking the existing bass line from the song and to go about making minor improvisations on it, based on knowing simple scales and arpeggios. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

Sounds great to me! :D

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 29/11/2006 3:08 am