Clear all

Marking New Posts

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Is there a setting for the board software to mark new posts? New threads or threads with new posts are currently marked as such in the board view. However, when you open up a thread there is no marker on each post as to which are new since you last viewed that thread. Without that you have to scan through each thread and try to remember where you last read. You often end up re-reading posts. With this and the name/post switch I'm finding it harder to read the board and keep up.

Oh, yeah, and maybe a way to mark sub-boards as read rather than just the whole board.

Now, based on the responses to the post content / poster name switch request, I'm sure that some will like that the new posts aren't marked so that they do have to reread old posts but they could still do that even if the new ones are marked.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

Posted : 12/09/2007 6:18 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

It's already there, but it's very small. Look to the left of the poster's name (at the left side of the thread under the post title, not over on the right by the avatar.) A little sorta-rectangular looking thingy; it's white if the post is old, orange (?) if new.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 12/09/2007 6:50 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

It's already there, but it's very small. Look to the left of the poster's name (at the left side of the thread under the post title, not over on the right by the avatar.) A little sorta-rectangular looking thingy; it's white if the post is old, orange (?) if new.

Ahhh, thanks Slej. That was confusing me as well.
Just to clarify the orange ' little sorta-rectangular looking thingy' to the left of the thread title.
Circled in black here:

Don

Posted : 12/09/2007 7:12 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Right, those in the forums and these in the actual threads:

But the one from the forum (Boxboy's photo) is doubly cool because clicking on it will take you directly to the first unread post. VERY cool feature. 8)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 12/09/2007 7:24 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Interesting... I had a lot of complains on the new interface but I think it is starting to like me! :wink:

Posted : 12/09/2007 11:25 pm