Clear all

Question on private messaging

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I hope this is the right spot for this. I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer, so posting here.

My question is : if I send a PM, I should see it in my PM SENT folder right? Reason I ask is I PM'd someone, but I'm not seeing it go to the sent folder. I PM'd myself as a test, and that went to the sent folder ok. So just curious about that.
FYI, I don't see it in the outbox either.

Thanks !

Posted : 24/03/2010 2:38 pm
(@davidhodge)

I may be wrong about this (and what else would be new :wink: ), but I think that when you hit "submit" to sent your message, it goes to the "outbox" files. After it has been read by the recipient, it moves to the "sent" box. I have no idea whether or not it works that way when you send it to yourself because that may move things into your "inbox" instead of either the "sent" or "outbox" files.

Hope this helps.

Peace

Posted : 24/03/2010 2:54 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

That is the way it works. The message stays in outbox until the receipient logs in. Then it moves to the sent box.

Posted : 24/03/2010 3:19 pm
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks David and Nick. I got it working now. Now I know -- when I see the confirmation "your message has been sent" page, it was sent. I wasn't seeing that for some reason for the first one I sent.

Thanks again.

Posted : 26/03/2010 3:18 am