6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I could have swore we done had one.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 07/10/2010 9:46 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

We did until yesterday.

I'm surprised anyone noticed.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 07/10/2010 10:17 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

eerie timing. I was just going to use the sheetmusicplus link to see if anyone's published a 'Stones Sticky Fingers songbook yet.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 07/10/2010 10:22 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Try this page for the time being https://www.guitarnoise.com/affiliates/

And here is the link for Sheetmusicplus: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/a/home.html?id=18060

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 07/10/2010 12:19 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

eerie timing. I was just going to use the sheetmusicplus link to see if anyone's published a 'Stones Sticky Fingers songbook yet.

Tut tut. And likewise, tsk tsk. Half the fun of any Stones album (but especially Sticky Fingers & Exiles!) is in picking up a guitar and trying to play along, although I must confess "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" has always had me stumped.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/10/2010 9:18 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tut tut. And likewise, tsk tsk. Half the fun of any Stones album (but especially Sticky Fingers & Exiles!) is in picking up a guitar and trying to play along, although I must confess "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" has always had me stumped.

I'm getting better and better at that. I was playing Sway the other morning. That makes 6 of the 10 songs. Oddly enough, I don't play Brown Sugar. I also don't play Can't You Hear Me Knocking, You Got To Move and Beeeyotch. Sister Morphine was a very early learning to play song for me. Such a fun album.

Roy

Posted : 10/10/2010 1:19 am