Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

The Other Side

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Iv noticed under the Other Side forum it says: talk bout all things women and music. Yet when someone ,say brings up something about the best music videos around, it gets moved to the Guitar Players forum.
Surely Guitar Plyers  is the wrong place, as they are talking about music in general, not specificlly guitar playing?  ???
Maybe u could to redefine the purpose of The Other Side, so ppls topics dont keep getting moved.

Posted : 14/09/2003 1:10 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I don't visit that forum very often, but I would have thought the sort of topics you mentioned would move to Opinions and Polls.  That's home to a wide range of topics dealing with music in general.

Simon, I just looked over at the forum and some of the topics that were moved.  I'm not sure, but I wonder if the confusion comes from the somewhat ambiguous title.  I believe that the purpose of that forum is to provide a place to discuss women's issues in music and to give women players a place to discuss issues that affect them as musicians.  

But the forum's title and description may not make that readily evident.  But the posts that have been moved, including your looking for an accurate Metallica tab, were moved because they weren't really addressing issues of women as musicians.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 14/09/2003 2:00 am
(@Anonymous)

Yeah I know, but what i mean is the description could be changed so this common confusion wont occour

Posted : 22/09/2003 1:13 am
(@Anonymous)

I agree....it should be changed

Posted : 22/09/2003 10:38 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

It's supposed to mean the discussion of women and their involvement in music.  It's "women AND music" not "women OR music".

However, I do see the grammatical opportunity for mis-reading it.  We will call upon an English major to tweak it a bit.

-Laz

Posted : 23/09/2003 1:01 pm