Skip to content
A bass player needs...

Notifications
Clear all

A bass player needs to take a first step, courage anyone?

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Cool pics.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@vangelis)
Topic starter  

omg fellow gn's!!! I just read my first post, my frightened writings make me laugh now!

Really, I believe I should keep this post updated for newcomers to see how it's like to going up the ladder on music!

From my first post on Jun 20 till now, I was begginer(still am) that after watching Beck (the anime) with my friends we decided to buy gear! I mocked them but after2 months I bought a bass too(for my own reasons). They stopped learning after 1 month but I continued, I like it.

Now, yesterday was my 4th gig (and best of all) at a venue that usually plays latin and jazz but we came we rocked and left!
Our playlist consinsts mostly from the 60's and 70's and not from so much know songs, garage-punk-blues. The feeling we give is definitely Stooges(mostly to our singer) and so we have many songs from them and Iggy. You can listen ofcourse some songs from rehersals on our http://www.myspace.com/nakedlemons and give me your feedback.

Ofcourse I had a stage fear but overcame it, ofcourse I made mistakes on stage but I learned from them and now I fear one thing.

The new basslines.... they will be needed when we will write our own songs and I wan't to give the best of them but afraid of overdoing it.

But all that counts it's the chemistry of the band and above all having fun :o

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2