Clear all

advice on a gigging amp..

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

can someone please advise me on a good sized gigging amp... ive got like a marshall mg50 at the moment but ive switched from rythm guitar to bass and i wanna trade my marshall in and get a good gigging amp because im in a band now playing bass.... need an amp quick... :cry:

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

(@g-bass)
Trusted Member

Depends..what size venues do you think you'll be playing at?

G-Bass
Play bass, it just plain rules!

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

its just gonna be garage stuff at the moment

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hey Gaz, you never said - I know it's only been a few days, but how are you finding the change? Easier or harder than you expected? Let us know......

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@g-bass)
Trusted Member

Well, for now I'd say anything over 100 (watts) will do you fine; but maybe you'd like to invest your money in something better which you'll use later?
Oh, and check out how powerful your bandmates amps are too. It's usualy better to have the bass amp more powerful than the guitar amps.

G-Bass
Play bass, it just plain rules!

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

It's always better, if you want to be audible. I'd say 100-120 watts would be good for small to mediem gigs. Usually doubling the wattage a guitar amp would need is a good way to figure out what you'll need.

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanx for all the replies guys means a lot and helping a lot too

vic- im getting the bass this week,ill let u know what model it is but its an ibanez was £400 i think...buying it off a mate for £150 i know him v well so he wont rip me off with a dodgy one.. i think it will be friday because he works shifts 2-10 so its hard to find tim cos im workin 8-4.30,write back mate
thanks again all

ReplyQuote