Notifications
Clear all

amps

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@stardumb358)
Topic starter  

Hey everyone! I'm an aspiring bassist. I currently play for my church and am sort of in this other punk kinda band. I really love to play and i'm getting better everyday. I am getting really serious about playing and i want to invest in a pimp bass amp. Right now i play this tiny ampeg, that's cool or whatever, but it's not mine. So, i was wondering, what would you guys suggest. I want something bigger than what i have, it's like 70 watts or something, but i don't know what specs to look for. I want to be able to get that pimp mellow and smooth sound; you know......like........oh yeah, that's smooth, but i want to be able to get some serious punk sound out of it too. PLEASE HELP, I'M DESPERATE!!!

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

hello friend, i own a fender bassman 100. it gets all the tones your looking for. i dont know it you want more than 100 watts but this thing can hold it own. the tone it geart. i dont know what kinda bass your runnering, i play a fender jazz and a kramer st700 though it. it gets sweeet low smooth tones as well as crunchy punk. it also handles low tuning really well. i often tune to c  and i dont have to lower the volume. you should check it out. cost me round $450

ReplyQuote
(@stardumb358)
Topic starter  

thanks, i play a fender jazz, and i'm thinking about investing in a new bass, maybe an ernie ball, within the next year. i've been hearing fender a lot, but i've also been hearing a lot of Ampeg. Do you know much about Ampeg amps???

ReplyQuote