Clear all

Bass Distortion

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

My bassist is looking into getting a distortion pedal. Do they make distortion pedals for just bass? Or what you all think is the best sounding one (for a resonable price).

aka Izabella

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Buying a Roland 30W bass amp might be cheaper in the long run, Izzy... it's an excellent practise amp, has lots of FX built in and can always be used as a slave amp when your bass player feels the need for more POWER!!!!! (i.e a 100W amp for live performances.....)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

How much. We already have a 100 watt bass amp.

I want a good Distortion too. My behringer had a harsh distortion, we want a more smooth distortion. I dunno man. We shall see.

EDIT

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=62/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/480178/

300 bucks... (or so)

a bit too much for us now. We really need the money for recording equipment (we want as close to studio quality without having to go to a studio and spend that sort of money), thanks though. It looks like a sweet amp.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@illicit)
Estimable Member

You can get Fuzz pedals and distortions for bass. I have a Korg AX100B effectboard that I use, but the distortion is kinda mellow unless I use a pick. Kinda like Wolstenholmes sound in Muse's Time Is Running Out.

Behold! The great northern viking's pinnacle of evolution! Behold my wavy blonde locks, my icy blue eyes and my muscular physique! Behold my.. screw this, I'm going to McDonald's.

ReplyQuote