Notifications
Clear all

Roland Cube Bass amp.

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@rivers)
Topic starter  

I'm a beginner and close to buying my first bass...and I've seen these Roland Cube bass amps and I'm not sure if they are just a gimmick, or really something valuable, beyond the immediate novelty of all the sounds they produce.I read that the ideal bass speaker is 10-15", and the Roland may be a little less.The cabinet size does seem quite small...and the alternative I'm considering is a Fender Rumble.Any opinions? Thanks...

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

The Cube 30 Bass has a 10 inch speaker. It has been getting very good reviews. I have nothing but good things to say about my Cube 30 guitar amp and am thinking about getting the bass version as well.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@piano-man)
Eminent Member

Don't let the 10" thing fool you. I have a 10" deep throw subwoofer in a pand pass box that puts my 18" peavey to shame. (lower rh corner of my sig)

ReplyQuote
(@flipstrings)

Those Cube amps are really good and they're really loud, the effects on them are really sweet - very "flowing" distortions etc... does'nt lose quality which can happen with some distortions.
If you can get one for beginning then your flying well ahead

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've got a 30W cube bass amp, never dared to turn it up louder than vol 2....not just the volume though, plenty of FX as well..I'm still experimenting though, trying to find the best settings.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote