Clear all

Small Practice Combo

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ddave)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Have a couple Behringer BX600's, a large old Tube combo and a tiny Ibanez. Need a small combo to lug around for solo practice only, no competing with a drummer or guitar. We have a Behringer BX300 10" 30 watt combo that we like but it stays at my sons school.
I was thinking of getting another but wanted to try something different.
Looking for a decent to good combo in the under $170 price range. Least expensive the better. So far, thinking about the Hartke A25 or even the Orange Crush 20B but am open to all suggestions. Any recommendations? Needs to be easy to lug, preferably smaller than the Behringer BX300 even. Would prefer a 10" driver but there are some decent 8's .... I think both the Orange and Hartke use an 8".

Help me out here ...

Thanks

(@english-one)
Estimable Member

With the Orange amps, your just paying for the brand. Theyre small combo's are actually not made at the same factory I believe, and are not truly orange's.
Laney make some good small practice combo's (HCM range I think?) I would certainly recomend the Hartke, they make very good quality amps, and their latest range of small practice amps are apparently very good.

I don't know whether Roland make a smaller bass combo, I know they do a 100watt combo, but if they do a smaller one, then go for it.

I think behringer have got a few new models in their bass amp range, might be worth checking them out. http://www.behringer.com

hope that helps.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@ddave)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey, thanks for the reply. The Behringers aren't yet out in the states ... couple more months I think. I like the few that we have but wanted to try something different. Also, wanted something a little smaller than their BX300 but am kind of leary about the tiny, 15 watt Thunderbird BX108.
My take your advice on the small kickback Hartke ... A25 I think.
I'll also check out the laneys. I don't remember seeing any small rolands but I did come across a small Randall combo that's just over $100 US that may be interesting.

Thanks

ReplyQuote