Notifications
Clear all

3 Months Playing

21 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

'Wing, I've seen some of your posts before. I can tell you're enjoying it and into it.

Is there any better place to be than that? I doubt it. To answer your question along the lines of what you asked, I think it's pretty impressive.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

There is really no use trying to figure where you need to be at x amount of time. After thre months the only thing I could do with guitar is play the rythym part to Wish You Were Here my freinds on the other hand had mastered many solos but not a whole song, and others I've talked to were knee deep in theory. So just keep plugging at it don't tense when you play and the guitar will be your oyster!! 8)

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I am really into playing. Ever since I started going to concerts and realized listening to music wasn't enough for me. I wanted to be up there on the stage, I wanted to play!

It's hard for me to motivate myself to practice but once I picked up the guitar I can't put it down, especially since I started singing. If I can't play and sing a part just right, it'll drive me nuts. Often what makes me take a break is my arm gets numb and I end up lying on my bed with the guitar on my chest, debating on whether or not it's worth getting up.

I have written a song already. I didn't plan on it but got mad one night and wrote it to vent my frustrations. I'm still working on the music, and since the concept of keys is not making sense to me, I'm winging it.

Thanks for your posts everyone.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Way to go OWA!!!

You've also changed your own guitar strings too. I think I was still struggling with basic chord shapes (still am here and there), and could play the Megadeth riff for "Symphony of Destruction," if that.

I think I've finally solved my problem of wanting to learn a song the whole way through after 14-15 years now.
Iron Maiden. I've almost learned all of "Running Free." A few days ago I was runnning around the house like a little kid on Christmas Day that got the greatest present in the world. What a feeling.

I've also listened to you in the Hear Here forum. Good stuff.

:)

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Congrats Wing

I've been at this learning thing for nearly a year now ...

I know the chords for 5 songs but I would not say I play them as I have this rhythm problem .... I just aint got none mum .. damn I wish I was darker .... or just more talented

congrats wing you have done very well

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@chamby_x)

Congrats! That is one heck of an impressive list for only 3 months. You're way ahead of me, and I've been playing for six.

Willow- Don't you have any ambitions?
Oz- Sure. E-flat diminish 9th.
Willow- Huh?
Oz- The E-flat, it's doable, but that diminish 9th...it's a man's chord. You could lose a finger.
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2