Notifications
Clear all

A couple of questions on some songs....

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@polluted_mindz)
Topic starter  

I have a couple of questions on 3 songs that I've been trying to play in particular:

First Song:
The Day After Tomorrow by Tom Waits - For this song I understand the chords I just cant get the picking and strum pattern down at all.

Second Song:
Cocaine ("Cocaine Lil) by John Martyn - Again I have the chords I just dont understand the picking and strum pattern. Although I have heard of using Travis picking on this song which I looked up and I dont understand the difference to conventional picking.

Third Song:
Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers - This song is different for each tab I look at, the chords are in all different places. Also I cant get the picking pattern down and I have heard you could use sweep picking and I've tried it but I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly due to how it comes out.

Any help on any of these songs would be greatly appreciated.

(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Only thing I can comment on is the Travis picking. Basically you pick out 1/4 notes on the 3 bass strings with your thumb, then your other fingers pluck the treble strings in between the bass notes. You can pinch a trebel and bass note on the same beat usually at the first beat of a measure.

ReplyQuote