Clear all

A Thousand Miles from?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Dwight Yoakam has a song A Thousand Miles From Nowhere.. When I play this song It seems like open chords sound best C, Am etc. but there is a small fill in between each of the first two liness of the verses...These fills seem to be easier to play following a barre Am. For example the first fill is an A pentatonic lick first string fret 8 then 5, second string fret 8 then 5,third string fret 7 then second string fret 5. My question is do I keep playing the open chords and practice trying to go to the fills ( Will the fill get easier with practice) or play barre Am And C even though to my ear they don't sound as cool.? I do play barre F and G for the last line of the verse as the last fill is much easier to find from the barre G
Thanx for any help
Robbie

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I'd play it the way your doing it it will get more fluid the more you play it. I'd also mess around with barres and other chords closer to your fill theres like several ways to play the same chord.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote