Clear all

acoustic song

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@xtremesheep)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i want to learn an acoustic song, thats not too hard to play, but still sounds cool. i already know "time of your life" by greenday, and "house of the rising sun". but thats all i know that sounds good on acoustic. so i was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good song to learn?

(@terminator)
Reputable Member

try horse with no name by america. U can find it on thhis site in the songs for beginners section, but it'll take u a while to work out the real strummin cos david got it all wrong. It's actually D,pauseU,D,UshortpauseD,U,U,D,U,D,U.

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@moonchild)

Hey xtremesheep,

What's your favourite band?

MoonChild

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

I found losing my religion in the intermediate section to be an excellent arrangement. I don't think you should let the section fool you. That particular song (at least to me) was much easier than most of the others in intermediate and I found easier than some in the begginer section.

Play it with a capo on the 5th as suggested. If you follow the fingerings it will be no problem.

I also like the wish you were lesson. Easy to learn and sounds good.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@xtremesheep)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

but i basicaly like all rock. my favorite band is guns n' roses. i like eric clapton too.(i'm trying to learn a few of his songs) i also like sum 41, greenday, the darkness, rancid, weezer, and the list goes on. but alot of the stuff i listen too doesn't have many good acoustic songs. i want to learn a song that sound intersesting and cool. (and sounds good without singing, cause i can't sing). a few of the songs i was thinking of learning are "drive"-incubus, "yellow"-coldplay, "harder to breathe" or "this love" -maroon 5, or "over my head"-sum 41. but i'd really like to learn somthing more classic rock, or 80's rock ish type song. but i can't really think of one that would be good on acoustic.

ReplyQuote
(@moonchild)

coldplay's yellow is nice and easy on an acoustic. The way I play it is based on Emajor shaped barre chord except that you leave the first two strings open all the time during the verse. Ask me if you want more details. If you are used to playing electric guitar, you might be tempted to use power chords but I would advise you to avoid them, as they won't come out nicely on the acoustic.
Guns n' roses is a great band, one of my favourite too. You can have a lot of fun with Patience for example. Start it easily with any strumming pattern you like and open C G A and D chords. Then play around it with sus2 and sus4 chords. Try to figure out things by yourself and come out with your own arrangement. Once again, I'm very happy to help if you are interested in this song.

MoonChild

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

You mentioned "drive" by Incubus, which happens to be one of my favorite acoustic songs, great song all around.

There are some super neat voicings in there, and it's a great song to learn, but please, learn it from the official tablature so I don't have to walk into another guitar center and hear someone playing it wrong! :lol:

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

drive - Incubus is not a difficult song at all. It may look hard at a glance at the tab, but it's not. You need to make sure you get a good tab.

Anyway give it a try

Good luck

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@mulletgut)
Eminent Member

Great track.....

Got a link to a good tab for it maxRumble?? Plz?

If it's free its for me........... and I'll take three!

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

I find "Southern Cross" by CSN to be an easy to play acoustic song- all A,G, and D chords. You can find the tab for it here:

http://www.rukind.com/

Click on "Misc. Tabs" and you'll find it.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote