Clear all

Am/G Hardest chord

28 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

If you're going to use 302210 then try flattening your middle finger to get the two twos in the middle. works for me,

nope i tried that no can do

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

If you're going to use 302210 then try flattening your middle finger to get the two twos in the middle. works for me,

nope i tried that no can do

a little practice will do ya. it not that hard.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Hey Arjen! When did you change your name? :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yesterday. :) most people know who I am by know on the boards and I'm trying to cut any link between me and my music. I'm planning to do something with my music in the future and I don't want my name attached to it. This is part of that process.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I remember him when he was "Promedics"......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Haha, I had forgotten about that myself, you have quite the memory man! :D

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hardest chord for me to learn? There's a voicing of Emaj13+11 in Chord Chemistry that's fretted 12-14-13-11-11-9 using T43221 fingering. I've been working on that one off and on for more than 25 years, and I still don't have it.

:shock:

That's clearly a two hand chord. You hold the pick between your teeth....
.... or, if the thumb is the only problem, try fretting the 6th string with your nose.. :?

Having just spent five minutes crippling my left hand trying to get even remotely within range of that chord, I feel justified in boasting that I do now know what it sounds like, as I did eventually manage a clean strum of all the notes. 8)

Of course, those who wish to be picky might point out that it's not always practical to put a capo across the 9th fret halfway through a song..... but, hey, who cares, I've heard the magic chord! :twisted:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Am/G consist of fout notes: A C E G, where G has to be the lowest note. Where the rest is doesn't matter. So you have these options:

[3 0 2 2 1 0] (G A E A C E)
[3 x 2 2 1 0] (G x E A C E)
[3 0 2 0 1 0] (G A E G C E)
[3 0 2 x 1 0] (G A E x C E)
[3 x x 2 1 0] (G x x A C E)
[3 3 2 2 x x] (G C E A x x)

etc etc etc. :D Pick the one that sounds nice and is playable.
Frank: Along these lines, this is the main purpose of Chords and Scales - punch in the notes you want and then choose your own voicing from the options laid out on the fretboard (example).

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Frank: Along these lines, this is the main purpose of Chords and Scales - punch in the notes you want and then choose your own voicing from the options laid out on the fretboard (example).

This looks really cool but not to sure how to follow it I think may be I should get into it can you point me the right way. . (Theory hmm)
Time to learn no point in procrastinating

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

This looks really cool but not to sure how to follow it I think may be I should get into it can you point me the right way. . (Theory hmm)
Time to learn no point in procrastinating
No problem. Basically, there are two main parts to it, the 'finder' and the 'viewer'. On the front page you have a box to access both parts straight away, and both bits link to each other throughout.

The viewer just basically display all the notes from a given chord or scale on a fretboard, as the example above. That's the top box on the front page - you choose your root note and the type of chord or scale you want to view. If you take a look at the default (C major chord), you'll see what it does is work out all the notes in that chord and display them on the fretboard, leaving you to work out a voicing for yourself. Looking at the default you can see that from those notes you can make the C chords you're probably familiar with, such as x32010, x35553, 8-10-10-9-8-8 etc., but also you can come up some funky voicings like xxx580. You can also alter the tuning of the guitar there, so you can do the same thing for alternate tunings.

The 'finder' lets you put in notes and then search the database for chords and scales that match. For example, if you put a check next to the notes A, C, E and G and hit 'find', you'll get two results: Am7 and C6 (both these chords share the same notes) and these can then be viewed in the viewer. That's the default search option, which is to look for an exact match, but there's also two other search options - A superset search will return anything in the database that contains those notes, even if it has other notes as well. Am9 for example contains A, C, E and G as Am7, but also a B. A subset search will return anything in the database that can be made from the notes you specify, but it doesn't have to include all of them. For those same notes, A, C, E and G you can see you can make A5, C5, Am, C etc.

Does that help? Shout if there's something specific you want help with, that's just an overview really :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

much thanks i left post in the music theory tread because i feel its time to learn all this, loads to learn i think oh where do i start !

Thanks for brining it to my attention Missanthrope think i must go to basics

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Aye, you must've been typing it while I was typing that, then I was replying to that one while you were replying to this one :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Aye, you must've been typing it while I was typing that, then I was replying to that one while you were replying to this one :mrgreen:

sorry see im all over the place :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2