Another old noob

21 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Hi Fumble Fingers,

Welcome to GN. I am also 45 and only started playing about a year and half ago (after a twenty five year hiatus).

Having the time of my life with the guitar now.

Yeah, the depression thing sucks (as I go through it from time to time), but I have found a real solace in the guitar. It doesn't matter if I'm learning new songs, notes, scales, chords or just strumming, it's gives me a break from the world.

So enjoy the rest of your life with the guitar playing.

Kenny

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, the depression thing sucks (as I go through it from time to time), but I have found a real solace in the guitar.

I'm on my happy pills now, I hate them! But yeah the guitar is a great release for frustration. I was working on "House of the rising sun" and my 15 year old daughter tells me she wants to learn how to play. Cool I have a jam partner.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Oh and I feel right at home here with all the folks my age. Thanks all whom responded.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Vic,
tell us about your gig! How did it go? Great, I'll wager.
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Chris C, I thought I was the oldest living thing on this guitar site, I'm 57. We should start a thread to see who's the oldest member. Sounds like the majority of people here, are in their mid 40's.

ReplyQuote
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member

Welcome Humble Fingers - you will love this site - soooo helpful.

I am a young 58 and started less than 2 years ago - and having a ball. Spent one hour practicing before coming to work this morning and two years ago I would not have believed what I have achieved - still modest by 'musician' standards.

Nice thing about starting when you are older, more money to buy all the goodies available now. Thinking of getting a rhytm machine for backing drums etx (zoom rt 223 I think). Lots of things to play with.

Enjoy

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2