Notifications
Clear all

Any recommended books?

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@moonpie)
Topic starter  

any recommending reading books for the begginer guitarist like myself? and i do mean Beginner!

I was thinking of something like theory types or something. Or just any suggestions for something would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot

Moonpie

(@Anonymous)

There are the big three instructional familurization series
Guitar for Dummies
The Complete Idiots Guide and
The Everything Book

They all have a little history. A little theory. A little instruction. A little what anmd how to buy. Jusyt know as an instruction book uinless you copy pages they are too thick to fold flat and read while you attempt to play

ReplyQuote
(@moonpie)
Topic starter  

Thanks alot

Moonpie

ReplyQuote
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

check out beginners lessons on this site its free :D and a whole host of free stuff as well....and i am sure david hodge would be happy to sell you his bass guitar book for begginers :D :D keep on this site for all the help you need.....best wishes ..smoke 8)

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I agree. This site has a lot of info on theory and also more than 30 songs for beginners. Try to follow all the text and not only the chords and you will learn a lot of things and different music styles.

Nuno

PS. By the way, welcome! :)

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

The Guitar Grimoire: The Exercise Book

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

I think Fretboard Logic has helped many people with little knowledge of the guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

Planetalk

http://www.thatllteachyou.com/

Yes Planetalk is a good one also, but you forgot to tell that Kirk has another site: Guitar For Beginners.

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/

ReplyQuote
(@obstructionist)

There are the big three instructional familurization series
Guitar for Dummies
The Complete Idiots Guide and
The Everything Book

They all have a little history. A little theory. A little instruction. A little what anmd how to buy. Jusyt know as an instruction book uinless you copy pages they are too thick to fold flat and read while you attempt to play
I am learning from the "guitar for dummies" book now, and it's enough fun to keep me interested. Worth the price so far.

There are some other dummies books too -- "blues guitar", "rock guitar", and "rock guitar songs". This last one is sheet music and tablature, with performance notes, for a bunch of familiar songs. Too difficult for me now, but I hope to be able to play at least one song this year.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I've found good information in Blues You Can Use.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote