Notifications
Clear all

Arrangements

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@shebo)
Topic starter  

I play acouistic guitar only, and I was wondering if there are any professionally done arrangements of popular songs for acoustic guitar players with CDs that I can purchase? Thanks.

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Do you mean lessons or just recordings for listening to?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@shebo)
Topic starter  

tab arrangements for a single acoustic guitar with a CD so you can hear how it's played. Something like David's lesson's, that I could purchase. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I've seen a lot of professionally done arrangements of pop songs and standards for solo guitar, but the ones I've seen are in standard notation only - there's a (limited) market for solo guitar as background music for society type gigs.

I've seen a few tab/CD sets over the years, but only for very popular (i.e. Beatles) music. The production cost is probably too high for the market.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Hey shebo, welcome to guitarnoise! I normally just get a tab off the internet and play along with the cd(the actual record) and if the tab is wring I pause it and figure out the note, then change the tab so I can go back and look at a correct one. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote