Clear all

Book for a beginner

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@guitarpirate)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum here. I have been using the Absoulte Beginner Part 1: Chords part of the website for about 2 weeks. I have learned all the chords that are there, and have been working on some of the easy songs. Also, I have been practicing for an hour or more a day. I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a good begginers book and/or DVD. I tried to do a search in the forum, but didn't have any luck. I know I should probably find someone to teach me, but I'm currently in the navy and don't have that luxury due to leaving for weeks at a time. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Argh!

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, GuitarPirate! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Go to the main GN website and start with the Beginner's section, then move on to the Easy Songs for Beginners section. You'll learn a lot from this site alone! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Hey GP,
And welcome to the Fold. GN is the best guitar Forum/Site on the Net. Best info, best people too.

When I started out I found a book by Troy Stetina to be very useful but more importantly FUN! I was rocking out on the very first Lesson.

The title: TOTAL ROCK GUITAR

The first song/lesson is easy, then the second may take you a few days and the third is a bit harder....etc.

Another Book: BLUES YOU CAN USE

Also there are play along books from HAL LEONARD. They're in different styles of music.. Classic Rock, Country, Blues, Modern Rock, etc. All the play along books come with a CD.

Each CD has two versions of each song. The first with the guitar parts that are tabbed out in the book. The second version the tabbed guitar part is missing... You're on your own. :) The CD's are excellent quality, you get the rest of the band.. drums, bass, rythem and/or lead guitars, Keys...all but the singer. They're alot of fun once you get the basics down.

Good luck, Let us know how its going ya BLIMY SQUAB..... :P:).

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@guitarpirate)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the quick response. I probably should have mentioned that the guitar I have currently is acoustic.

ReplyQuote