Clear all

Breaking ground... majorly!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@flashback)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

My endeavour in learning some basic blues progressions, scales, and techniques. Well that was all and well. BUT! That knowledge mixed and even transfered DEAD INTO my more hard rock to metal style! I am finally getting my feeling on being a lead player! Especially the, I dont know how to explain, the soul in me has ran though my fingertips! My mom and friends said my playing is becoming more enjoyable and warmer. I dunno if its the tubes or just me...

THANKYOU GN, i dunno I felt I should share. For a longtime it felt like I had no hope of learning anything. And now its clicking.

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU GUITAR NOISE!

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Flashback

Congratulations, sounds like you've made a great leap forward.

I think what has happened to you happens to everybody at some point. At first you are just trying to figure guitar out, learning the notes, trying to figure out what music really is, ... it is a little overwhelming at first.

And then one day it clicks. And suddenly you realize you are really playing music. And it sounds great. What a great experience that is.

To this day, sometimes I hit a big chord with my amp cranked up, and ask myself,

"Is it really me making this awesome sound??"

Feels pretty great doesn't it?

Keep on rockin' 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@aroundtheclaxon)
Estimable Member

this just happened to me recently too its a great feeling realize you still got a long long way to go

Head Arcitech at Vandelay Instudries

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

props dude.

finding your style is one of the best experiences in guitar playing.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote