Skip to content
Can someone help me...

Notifications
Clear all

Can someone help me with the song Smells Like Teen Spirit?

19 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@athf_rules2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Its by Nirvana, I love them, but anyway can someone help me out with the tuning its and F tuning, some people might say its just regular but its not please help me out

Or if anyone can find a site that tells you how, post it

Thanks

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Um.. actually I think the tuning is in Eb. Cobain mainly used Eb and Db tunings. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

Can you help me out with how you got such a big picture under your name?

I consider myself to be very knowledgeable when it comes to doing things on my computer, but these Avatars confuse me.

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I think your wrong on the F tuning I think its in the key of F anyway try this: How to play SMELLS like TEEN spirit

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Can you help me out with how you got such a big picture under your name?

I consider myself to be very knowledgeable when it comes to doing things on my computer, but these Avatars confuse me.

All you have to do is paste the url of the pic in your profile under link to offsite avatar(using the url bracket crap) Or look at adding an image at the bottom of this page: BBCode You might have to modify the size(because it can only be so big) and post it on a website but it's pretty easy.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@athf_rules2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Yeah thats what I mean, in the F Key, but that guy on that site is playing it diferent, but what does the F key mean anyway? I saw that on this site: http://www.theguitar.net/teenspirit.htm , and click the view now and look how he plays it.

ReplyQuote
(@athf_rules2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

sorry about the last post the site is http://www.theguitar.net/teenspirit.htm

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

Call me stupid, but a small pic that is 37 x 80 pixels (1243 bytes) that is within the required range doesn't want to take.

What am I doing wrong?

Is this wrong?

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Right click image>properties and copy the url, come here and paste the url in your profile.

Edit, you did it. As far as I know, if you ae using it as part as your profile (avatar) you don't need to use tags.

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

Sweet! A picture of my Martin under my user name.

Thanx!

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Yeah thats what I mean, in the F Key, but that guy on that site is playing it diferent, but what does the F key mean anyway? I saw that on this site: http://www.theguitar.net/teenspirit.htm , and click the view now and look how he plays it.

The root note that he is playing is F (6th string first fret (F5 Power chord ). Is that what you mean?

And no, that guy isn't playing it differently.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Have you noticed that power chords are bsed on barre chords that are based on real chords sometimes?

|-----------
|------------
|-----------
|--3--3--3-
|--3--3--3--
|--1--1--1- f power chord
is to
|--1--1--1---
|--1--1--1---
|--2--2--2--
|--3--3--3--
|--3--3--3-
|--1--1--1- f barre chord
is to
|--1--1--1---
|--1--1--1---
|--2--2--2--
|--3--3--3--
|------------
|------------ f chord

Or am I just slow? :?
:( :? :?

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Basically it's an easier way to play without the full barre once you get it down you can extend the barre. Once you figure out there are MANY ways to play the same thing your on your way.

ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

In the key of F means that MOST but not all of the notes(that make up the chords) will be in the F Major scale.

ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@athf_rules2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

ok thanks, but when I play that song with the F5 Power Chord, on the 3rd string on the 2nd fret sticks out and thats what drives me nuts because it sounds different. I used to play that song like:

---------------------------
--3---3---3---------------
--3---3---3---------------
--1---1---1--------------- ....and so on,

But now I want to try it like with the barre chords instead of like that

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2