Clear all

Chords.

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@chlozo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Once you know a sequence of chords, like.. d,e,f,g or something random.. and can change between those chords quickly, will you change quickly with any other song, and not have to keep learning the d with another chord? if you get what I mean..

Billie-Joe Armstrong is HOT! He's my future husband. Ha ;)

bohh
(@bohh)
Trusted Member

I just started recently, and from my experience, yes you should be able to swithc quickly. However, everyone's different :?

Guitarjourney.net - Everything I've learned and want to learn, including chord diagrams and other information.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Yes. The movements of the chord change are identical - the timing will vary from song to song, but it won't take you long to figure out.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

The only other "variable" would be the strumming patter you use. Chord changes will be hard when learning a new strumming pattern. So learn the seperately and then try to "assemble" them SLOWLY...as you get better it takes less time to get use to the new strumming pattern

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I actually have my students drill strumming patterns without any chords. Just put your fretting hand flat on the strings so you damp 'em all... isolate the strumming hand, get the pattern down, and it's a snap to put the two hands together.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I actually have my students drill strumming patterns without any chords. Just put your fretting hand flat on the strings so you damp 'em all... isolate the strumming hand, get the pattern down, and it's a snap to put the two hands together.

Yea that's why I told Chlozo to "learn them seperately and then try to "assemble"" them SLOWLY.

ReplyQuote