Clear all

Cords, Lead, rhythm, complicated songs books,

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dr-feelgood)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I've been trying to play guitar for about 2 years. I've brought loads of self teach books like learn to play rhythm and leads solos ,killer lead solo, scales books. and can play all the songs in thoses books.

Problem I have is when I come to play out of a song book, like guns N roses Use your illuison 1 and 2. it gets really complicated. cuz its been written for a band with 2 or three guitarist in,

How would you play i mean for example if the lead guitarist is not doing a solo, he's just hitting a few notes that don't seem to make up the song, and the rhythm guitarist Tab is not written in the book, but the cords are, do you just strum the cords, or sometimes the rhythm is written, but dose not sound right, but the cords do what should I do

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

It sounds like two different issues bundled together...

You won't be able to duplicate a multiple-guitar piece on a single guitar. You need to figure out which part is most prominent at each point, and play that one... take 'Sweet Home Alabama' for example - multiple guitars, but it's easy to pick out the one with the main riff. People won't recognize the tune if you play the 2nd guitar part, but they will if you play the 1st guitar part.

It's very difficult to determine just from sheet music which one has the role of top dog at which time. You might want to listen to the song with the music in front of you, and mark off with a pencil which one to follow at different points in the tune.

The second issue, the rhythm being written out but not sounding right - well, errors sometimes happen in transcription. Check the music by tapping out the noted rhythm against the CD. Sometimes it's the music, sometimes it's the memory - I've had it happen where I remember a riff that sounds right to me, but when I listen to it I've got a note or two off.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote