Effects Pedals

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi

Someone at my work has kindly given me 4 effects pedals, Stereo ach-1 Chorus, Stereo afl-1 Flanger, Aph-1 Phaser and aod-1Overdrive, What can i expect from them and can you recomend anything to play along with that will benefit using them bear in mind i'm a newbie to playing..thanks all... :D

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Mark,

We say a caballo regalado no le mires el diente... If you are receiving four pedals for free, it is always a good thing. The brand is "Stereo"? I didn't know it.

The effects are four of the most typical effects. First, try to use it independently and when you know what can you do with each one, you can also use them simultaneously. For getting some audio samples try to search in YouTube (for example). But the best advice is play with the controls and knobs and hear how they modify the original sound.

Really kind people in your work! :D

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

The Brand may be "Aria"..not many people would give stuff away for free your right there..

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I would sure like to meet this alleged 'someone'...

Make good use of the pedals regardless of the way you recieved em'. 8)

Good Luck.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Here's some reviews on them from Harmony Central.
From what the folks over there say these are inexpensive effects, but generally sound decent.

There are few hard rules with effects. Generally the best thing is to spend some time experimenting until you find some sounds you like.

Try one of them at a time, and then add others in-line. Try changing the order and see what happens.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

if you want some fairly eays tunes to play which feature those devices, you could try Nirvana's back catalogue - Cobain was a big fan of pedals, especially flanger which got used on Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Radiohead also use the effects you listed quite a lot, and there must be an abundance of TAB for their tunes floating around.

A lot of grunge and/or Britpop bands from the 90's would suit the pedals you mentioned (other genres too, but these ones are generally quite easy to play).

And Johnny Marr used Chorus a fair bit in the Smiths, but apparently he also used some v. weird chords.

You could also try U2 - the guitar parts usually sound fairly simple and they utilise chorus quite a lot.

hth

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote