Clear all

Electric Guitar for a Child

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@aodor)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have a nephew who is VERY musical he is 4 years old and will start violin lessons soon. However, what he really wants is to play an electric guitar and me and my wife want to give it to him (we also gave him the violin)

Does someone know where to get an electric guitar for children, a real one, not a toy.

============
Alberto Odor, MD
Mexico City
============

(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

I saw a tiny Epiphone at Guitar Center. It was the smallest electric I've ever seen.

ReplyQuote
(@aodor)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I've found them, there are two, the PeeWee and VeeWee guitars, they look prety cool and are $129 in Music.123

============
Alberto Odor, MD
Mexico City
============

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

This might still be a bit big for a 4 year old (depending on his size), but I bought a Squire Mini Strat for my grandson (age 7 at the time). I got it a couple of weeks before his birthday so I had time to set it up and play around with it - I liked it and he loves it. I got it at Musician's Friend.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@morpheus)
Trusted Member

Just keep in mind, neither the Pee Wee or the Vee Wee hold standard tunning very well. My five year old daughter had a lot of fun playing with the Squire Mini Strat at a GC.

ReplyQuote
 hh83
(@hh83)
Trusted Member

morgan makes a 1/2 size strat.
they are fun for adults too:D

Never call a shovel "an ingenious hole-digging instrument"

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Rondomusic.net sells a SX "short scale" strat, that is probably pretty comparable to the squire strat junior, for $80+shipping.

ReplyQuote