Notifications
Clear all

Frustraited with my teacher

21 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)

Yeah... just talk to him, he's getting paid after all. :roll:

You should not expect to have to pay for the initial chat. I don't charge for it.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@david-m1)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for everyones replies.

Alan thanks for the link to Jamey Andrea's site, there were several interesting articals. I was surprised when reading, he mentioned working with students sometimes several years, I thought this was interesting. It made me wonder if I'm being just a little impatient. I also appreciate the comment about meeting and playing for a teacher first, and even comment about the first meeting may be free.

I've decide to really pursue finding a different teacher, too many times I've had my doubts about my current teacher, so it's probably best to just follow my gut feeling. I'm going to try and do a better job of choosing a teacher this time, I plan to stay with my current teacher until I find someone else, I really feel I need some lessons even if there not exactly what Im looking for, my teacher does force me to work on different things which keeps me from being stuck playing the same songs the same way day after day, also I dont know anyone to really jam with so he is my only source for contact with my guitar.

GoodVicHunting I found your comment interesting, there have been several times when I thought the material he was presenting was to advanced for me, and I have wondered if he didnt think I was better than I think I am.

Right now I would be happy just working some simple tunes, really getting my strunnimg patterns down and working on my rythm, nothing fancy. It seems even when we have worked on a few ssongs where it's strumming, there's always some bass runs and transition chords, nothing easy for sure. Please dont think I'm just looking for easy, but it seems the songs we've worked on I havent been able to really nail , the songs I play sound okay, some better than others, but this leads me to think that maybe were just working a little ahead of my current abilities.

Thanks again...
David

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Alan, I woud also like to say thanks for the link to Jamiie's site. Good articles and I even ordered the book as I liked the essays.

John M

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

Beat him up with a tennis racket.

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

Beat him up with a tennis racket.

I second that. :twisted:

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

BTW happy 100th post when you reply :wink: .

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2