Clear all

FUNKY PINKY FINGER PIC

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@geonjules)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

FUNKY PINKY FINGER PIC When I bend my pinky down, it curves down under my ring finger. I think its holding me back from reaching that extra fret. Is this natural, or a little extreme?
I attached a pic, (never done that before) so I hope it goes thru.
Thanks for looking, I hope dont need surgery!!!!!!!

[/img]

" Thoughts that pay homage to frustration will attract frustration. When you say or think theres nothing I can do,my life has spun out of control,and I'm trapped,thats what you will attract ".

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

What does it do when you spread your fingers apart?

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@geonjules)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Its pretty straight, but when I bend it down, it curves in right where my ring finger comes down at. :cry:

" Thoughts that pay homage to frustration will attract frustration. When you say or think theres nothing I can do,my life has spun out of control,and I'm trapped,thats what you will attract ".

ReplyQuote
(@conuvial)
Trusted Member

I thought I was the only one whose pinky did that. Your photo could be a picture of my hand.

If I use the classical postion with the neck fairly upright, and hold my left elbow close to my side, I get maximun finger spread.

Even then I sometimes can barely clear the fret below the one I'm trying to reach. :(

"...it's in him, and it got to come out..." - JLH

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

However it should be a great help for Am and E shaped barre chords! My pinky bends out which means I struggle with barres past about the 3rd fret when the frets start to narrow.

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

Mine does that too. Perhaps this is same for a lot of people.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

my knuckle on my left pinky when i make a power chord shape points out away from the ring finger, making it hard to fir it in a fret, so i have to do what yours does to make it work. it shouldnt be a problem for you i dont think

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Seems like the usual "Weak" pinky strength kind of deal. I'd think that if you use it a lot, it will get stronger and act as it's own digit more.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 rip
(@rip)
Eminent Member

The pinky (like all fingers) has a tendancy to head in the direction of the thumb as you close your fist. The tendons in your hand all work so that the fingers can pinch on the opposable thumb.

This is normal and natural.

(:

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

ReplyQuote
(@geonjules)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thank you all for your encouragement.

ReplyQuote