Clear all

Getting people to Jam with?

33 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

... it really brings you on when you start playing with others.... :D

That is SO true. :D Finding somebody else to play together made a big difference to my understanding of music, but also a HUGE boost to my motivation to keep improving.

Great to hear that it's working out well. All friends are good, but good MUSICAL friends are gold dust.

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

True indeed, and I suspect there's a few of us grateful for it! I know I am. I learned so much at the pub jam I used to go to - not just from joining in and playing when I could, but from watching - I learned to anticipate chord changes for unfamiliar songs from looking at other people's hands - and from listening. I still jam on a regular basis with one of the guys I met there - one week I'll bring a new song and we'll work on that, the next week he'll bring one. The only problem with the pub jam was, no one wanted to try anything new - and you can only play "Brown Eyed Girl" or "Wabash Cannonball" so many times before you get sick of them.

Playing with other people on a higher level than me tends to make me play at a higher level myself - playing with those at a similar, or lower level does exactly the same - must be the competitive streak in me!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

glad its working out....i'm not too far out so maybe come see you sometime?

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3