Notifications
Clear all

Good guitar not expensive

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@tradams1)
Topic starter  

Hi! im new to the forums and i'm poor. I just started playing guitar and wanted to find one that didn't cost me an arm and a leg but that I could play easily. I have to tell all about this one. I bought a Zager customized Martin Sigma series, i think it has better sound than some of the expensive ones, it was only $345 (case was an extra 100) but man, for that price, you should see the customization you get, he gives it great low action very easy to play, widens the frets (for fat fingers like mine) a little more distance between the strings. and it has a lifetime warranty. best guitar I could have bought for the price. and i'm not the kind of person to voice my opinion about something unless I really really like it. like this web site. i've learned more off of this site in 1 day than I learned on my own before I found it. thanks all

There is no sweeter music than the music you make yourself.

(@jubby)
Trusted Member

hey hey, I have a zager zad-50...

....and i absolutely love it.

wait, why am i here when i should be playing it now?
cheers.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

so - $445? That is not my definition of poor! My first half-decent guitar - an Encore acoustic with bridge p/u, 2 years ago - cost £80 - roughly $150 - and I couldn't even afford that, had to get it out of my step-daughter's catalogue on weekly terms....

Just joking, mate....I'm a lot better off now, and I have a decent collection of guitars, all of which are earmarked for different jobs...lead, slide, acoustic, ac. slide etc....

Anyway, enjoy your new guitar....It'll sound all the sweeter if you've had to make sacrifices in other areas to buy it!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

Check out the Agile Les Pauls. Seem like the best deal ever, and people swear by them. You get get one for $200.

I think they sell them at http://www.rondomusic.net/

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

^ Umm, dcarroll, I think he's spamming, not looking for a guitar...

Congrats man, and I'm glad you like guitarnoise! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Also, these guitars seem to be just regular guitars with a setup... I don't know, I've never played one so I can't say anything...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@jubby)
Trusted Member

they may be regular guitars with setup, but hey, i can't put it down. barre chords are so much easier with my guitar than with my friends guitars. it actually feels like you are supposed to play barre chords.

ReplyQuote
(@gotmike2002)

I have seen a ton of those on ebay and thought about it, but it is a hard sell without getting to play one first. For me the best resource was an internet store that allows you to make 3 installment payments. For someone like me who is a paycheck to paychecker... due to REALLY bad budgeting... it is a super resource. I ended up buying an Ivarez AW120 (NOT the Martin D-15 I really wanted), but I think it will be a great guitar for my experience level and there's alway's tomorrow for buying something else I really shouldn't be spending money on!

Lauramath

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I have seen a ton of those on ebay and thought about it, but it is a hard sell without getting to play one first. For me the best resource was an internet store that allows you to make 3 installment payments. For someone like me who is a paycheck to paychecker... due to REALLY bad budgeting... it is a super resource. I ended up buying an Ivarez AW120 (NOT the Martin D-15 I really wanted), but I think it will be a great guitar for my experience level and there's alway's tomorrow for buying something else I really shouldn't be spending money on!

Do you mean Ibanez or Alverez?? :?: :?: :?:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

woops, I looked at a different thread and then posted in this one...doh

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@gotmike2002)

Do you mean Ibanez or Alverez?? :?: :?: :?:

LOL! Ibanez! That's what you get when you have a three year old and you try to type. You should hear my phone conversations. TWISTED :lol:

Lauramath

ReplyQuote