Clear all

Heart of gold

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys and gals. On Davids "Heart of Gold" lesson, 2A strumming, Is that a DD DUDD pattern? That is what it sounds like.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Hey guys and gals. On Davids "Heart of Gold" lesson, 2A strumming, Is that a DD DUDD pattern? That is what it sounds like.

I took at look at this lesson a long time ago and I interpreted it as DD DU on each chord but it does sound like he throws an extra strumm in once in awhile. I think the DD you have at the end is the DD of the next chord.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Nils. I was adding the next chord just to make sure. While I have your attention, how about the chorus, I just can't seem to get it.

This is sad. I've worked on my solo and single string stuff for so long I've forgotten the basics from lack of practice. I was amazed how sloppy my chord changes have gotten. Well back to basics(again).

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Chord - Strums
Em - D DU D DU

G - D DU UDU

C - DU

CMaj7/9 - U

C - D (let it ring) D - Couple of single notes

G - D then single note

The problem is that the delays in rhythm are not just the missing up or down strum so you have to listen to the audio and strum along.

By the way, this lesson is actually pretty close to the song.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I don't hear it. But were I'm at the computer has horrible speakers so I will try again when I get home. Thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I don't hear it. But were I'm at the computer has horrible speakers so I will try again when I get home. Thanks for your help.
Enjoy. I love that song.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote