Notifications
Clear all

Help with chord fingerings (?)

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

Eirrica, I think they telling you to do that because the frets are alittle closer as you go toward the bridge making the stretch a little easier. So you'd be playing in a different key but the chord shapes would be the same and for the purpose of practicing that should be fine.

Yes - thanks! That's what I'm saying. When I started out I couldn't make the stretch without the CAPO. Most of the songs I was working on were in the KEY of "A" so I just kept the CAPO on (for all the other songs) . (Maybe too long - a couple of months). When I took the CAPO off - it was no problem.

You wil be playing in the KEY of "A" but I can tell you will not be able to tell the difference for most songs. I wouldn't go too much more (UP?) the neck, 2nd or 3rd Fret should work well.

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

I still hate the G7 chord, I don't know why. I guess I never practiced it enough. Just keep with it, you'll get it. You'll look back one day and be like, "why was that so hard?"

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2