Clear all

Here comes the Sun help?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@troy1g)
Topic starter  

Hello
Not exactly a beginner. Would anyone who knows how to play, Here comes the sun, correcty, :?: give me a hand.
Mostly going into the bridge and how to count through it. I know the chords to play, I would like to do the song some Justice I consulted some Tab but it does not feel right to me. Anythoughts out there? Much appreciated.
Troy

(@davidhodge)

This one's tricky without some actual sheet music (with time signatures) in front of you. Even with them it can be tricky! :wink:

What you'll be doing is switching from 4/4 time to 2/4 (just for a measure) and then to a variety of time signatures marked in eight. It really seems to help most people is to begin counting the 4/4 as "one and two and three and four and" in order to not miss a beat when switching to the 3/8, 6/8 and 5/8 time signatures that follow.

I don't have the music in front of me (apologies for that), but if I'm remembering correctly, you come out of the chorus on A (D if you're capoed on the seventh fret) in 4/4 and then hit E7 (A7 if capoed) for that measure of 2/4. So count it (all evenly):

one and two and three and four and / one and two and / one two three / one two three four five six / one two three four five /

one and two and three and four and / one and two and / one two three / one two three four five six / one two three four five /

And so on...

This isn't the easiest thing to explain in this kind of format, so don't hesitate to ask for clarification (or a better explanation! :wink: ). Hope this helps.

And a belated welcome to Guitar Noise, by the way.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@troy1g)
Topic starter  

First
Thank you for taking time out of your day to help me with this! Yes I noticed the 2 beat measure before going into the Bridge, that is where my sheet music and Tab must be wrong, But so it goes. At least I am that far. I do feel there is room for personal interpretation, While singing and Playing, the melody can also be tricky I like to sing it and just play the chords ( if you have any thoughts on this that would be great) but for now thank you so much.
Troy

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

There's always room for personal interpretation, but it's also a good thing to know the thing you're making an interpretation of! :wink:

In the bridge section we've been discussing, you've got a lot of choices. First off, though, do you play this with a capo or not? Knowing this will help me to be on the same page with you when chatting about how to sing and play at the same time.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@fingerbanger)
Eminent Member

I have " The BEATLES Complete Scores" ( Full Transcriptions From The Origional Recordings)( Every Song Written & Recorded By The Beatles). If you are a Beatle fan, it is a must!
If I'm correct about the section of the song you're talking about, it starts like this.
2/4[ E7-A7 1 mes.]--3/8[ E7-A7 1 mes.][ C-F 1 mes.][ G-C 1 mes.]--5/8[D-G 1 mes.]--4/4[ A-D 1 mes.]--2/4[E7-A7 1 mes.]
--3/8[ E7-A7 1 mes.] Sun Sun Sun...is 3/8[ C-F 1 mes.][ G-C 1 mes.]--5/8[ D-G 1mes.] comes...4/4[ A-D 1 mes.]--
--2/4[ E7-A7 1 mes.]--3/8[ E7-A7 1 mes.] Repeat :I back to comes...A-D four times. That's it.
The chords A-D for example; the A is the vocal and the D is the guitar. (mes. is mesure). Any things like this ][ with the brackets back to back means the chords are still in the same time signature.
I hope you can make sence of this. Thanks for the post. Now I know how to play "Here comes the sun". I always wanted to learn it but never got around to it.

Let that boy boogie woogie, cuz' it in em' and it got to come out. -John Lee Hooker-
There is no substitute for experience. So get out there and break some strings on stage. -F.B.-

ReplyQuote
(@troy1g)
Topic starter  

Hello
So far I have hardly ever used the capo being the shapes will be the same, Playing D to G to A7 then to E ( Forms when capoed) I am playing it in open position, However I may like play it with a capo later. I realize the orginal recording is capoed at the seventh fret. Yes I am also concerned with the timing of what we could call the Turnaround not sure how to count that one either. Geesh I have a tendency to be drawn to songs that always have a tough rhythmical element. Thanks for shedding light on this.
Troy

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

It's difficult to play on one guitar.... you can play the melody or the chords but not both. That's the part that may not sound right? Didn't Eric Clapton join in on this one?

BJ

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Fingerbanger, welcome back. Been awhile!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@troy1g)
Topic starter  

Hello
Just a note of thanks to all who responded I will keep working away on this one hopefully the sun will come out.
Thanks David!
Troy
Got lots more little problems with other songs but I will hold off untill I get the bridge figured out.

ReplyQuote