Notifications
Clear all

Hi all - steel or nylon

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@andyobell)
Topic starter  

Ok chaps, ended up buying a 'Crafter' and cost £170. Sounded really nice and was told being a wooden base in time the sound will get better as opposed to laminate ones.

Hey, i'm 28 too and cant see how age is a factor as long as you have the desire. My only regret is i didn't start earlier. :(

Gagging top learn guitar.

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

andyobell, you are right age is not a factor, just the desire to play and pratice is all you need. Enjoy your now guitar and the hobby!

John M

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

my "entry level" guitar was an Encore EA255, cost about £80....but I got it out of my step-daughter's catalogue, £2 a week for 40 weeks....

very reasonable guitar for the price, and you can plug it into an amp if you want....came with a few accesories as well, strap, pick and a few other useful bits and pieces...

I use very light strings...D'Addario 9's...and it sounds fine to me...been jamming with a bunch of guys in the pub for the last few weeks, although it may look outclassed by some of the more expensive guitars there, it didn't sound outclassed....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Ok chaps, ended up buying a 'Crafter' and cost £170. Sounded really nice and was told being a wooden base in time the sound will get better as opposed to laminate ones.

Congratulations! Having picked up a steel guitar couple of weeks ago after playing on a nylon string for a while, I think you'll open yourself up to lot of different things with this guitar. I was just working on fingerstyle with the classical, but now I'm learning different types of music with the steel guitar, and even started thinking about eventually getting an electric (of course, all the articles and discussions here helped a lot in opening my eyes to the possibities!)

Enjoy!

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2