Clear all

Hope for all us old beginners

38 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
(@slydog)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

My wife actually BOUGHT me my first electric guitar and amplifier. I'm not sure she'd do it again if she had it all to do over again, but that doesn't matter, because I got 'em. :D

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@luvmytele)
Eminent Member

Great article!

Thanks I needed that ... mid life crisis :roll: uh.. possible???

I don't think I'll ever grow up ... I just get older?

Can't have enough guitars and amplifiers ... :wink:

... that noise you hear is my Signature Sound ... lovely ain't it?

ReplyQuote
(@matthew-j-greene)

That is a great article!

I am almost thirtyseven. I have three guitars. I have an Ibanez Blazer electric that I have owned since 1991. I got it while stationed at Fort Knox. I bought a Peavey Audition 110 amp from a pawn shop near Knox. The second is an Epiphone acoustic. It is unlike most Epiphones in the fact that instead of laminated wood, it has a solid rosewood back and sides. It was a special model made for Mars Music. The third is a Yakima classical acoustic that my brother owned for a number of years. He gave it to me about a year before he passed away.

My journey to learning the guitar has been somewhat frustrating. I started taking group lessons about two years ago. I stopped going after a month. The next oldest student was thirteen. I quickly learned that the class could only go as fast as the slowest student. I have recently started picking up my guitar again. This article has inspired me to keep at it. I don't plan on being a rock star or anything like that. I just want to be able to play around the campfire like a close friend of mine used to do while in college.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Cool.
And welcome to the asylum for the musically insane. You're in good company here.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Yes, welcome to the nuthouse :D But road traveled to there is covered in music. Makes for a fun trip.

John M

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Only a few differences- in my case it's the living room rather than the basement (Basemets don't work too well down here in southern Louisiana). And instead of banging the wife just turns up the TV real loud. Not that she's not supportive; she just likes CSI and the "One Woman's Brave True Story" Network (aka Lifetime) better.

So it goes. I can't complain too much.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Hi Mike, I understand. No basement here in lower VA for the same reason. I have comendered the dining room as my office and play area. The draw back is my daughters room is against the same wall so when so goes to bed at 8:45 it time to turn the amp off.
:)

John M

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

My basement is where the kids play a lot. So I use the living room. I'm glad I'm not the only one not hanging out in the basement!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3