Notifications
Clear all

I'm a beginner, HELP!

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@andy0318)
Topic starter  

Hello. I am an ultimate noob in guitars and i need major help. I am looking to buy a beginner electric guitar pack but my budget is quite low. I am looking at one that is called V-Tone Behringer Guitar Pack and it's 110 dollars. My budget is at most 170 dollars and around 140 if possible. Please give me suggestions!

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Hi and Welcome,

I'm not real familiar with any of those by means of playing on them. I don't see anything wrong with the one you mentioned or this one Baja-Electric.. That would leave a little left over to perhaps get a multi-effects pedal maybe like a Zoom 505 or a digitech Rp50. That would get you acquainted with some effects among other things. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

Hi,

I am not qualified to give you a suggestion on picking a guitar however any particular reason why you would like to start off with a electric guitar? IMO, starting with acoustic is a really good bet. Once you have played the wood a bit, playing electic is so much easier. Unfortunately, not the same the other way around.

Just somethinf for you to consider.

Cheers
Vic

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

ReplyQuote
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member

I was in the same boat and I did a lot of searching on the internet for a decent package. For that price range your best bet would be to pick up an acoustic, as you would get a much better guitar than an electronic pack of the same price. However, if your dying to hit that distortion switch and piss off your neighbors (I know I was) Check out

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SVTSS11PAK/view--Sunburst

Its a good package with quality components. You get a Slightly better made guitar (Although expect to have a setup preformed and probably an upgrade in the future)The rosewood fretboard alone makes it worth it. A nicer amp, an actual electronic tuner (you will definatly need this if your just starting out) and all the regulars like bag, picks, strings, instructional dvd, etc. And it comes in at 169.99 :) There are yamaha packages out there as well as a few great ibanez packages at about the 225 mark if you can dig a little deeper.

Anyway I hope that helps... I was really happy with the guitar and I am having a blast on it. Free shipping from zzsounds too.
One more note. If you have a music shop in your area like a Guitar center, local shop or even some pawn shops you can at least get your hands on the guitar.. Tell them your a begginer and your price range and they may be able to set you up with a sweet deal. Goodluck

Edit:::
The amp for the Behringer package actaully looks pretty sweet.. Im sure the 15w is peak making it probably a 10w rms but the 8inch speaker is nice to have. Gives you a deeper sound. But again this is something your going to want to upgrade in the future, whether its the silvertone.. behringer or baja package.

P.S I did a little searching for yea at the site listed in the next post.. I would recomend against getting that BAJA package

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Andy,
Welcome to the musical madhouse. You might check the Harmony Central User Reviews and see if there's any information there.

And since Goodvichunting brought up the question of acoustic vs. electric, I thought I'd chime in too. A number of people would agree with you, Vic, but personally I think it's best for someone to start out with whichever type is most inspirational. Andy, if you're itching to play electric, I'd say you should start out with electric. Eventually you'll want to play both, of course. But go with your gut instinct for now. Playing the one you really like the most is what will get you through the frustrating moments in the learning curve and keep you playing.

Most of all, have fun!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

Musenfreund, agreed 100%!

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

ReplyQuote
(@mortisdraco)

Andy,

I bought the Behringer V-tone pack about 4 months ago and I am very happy with it. I'm older and just taking up guitar and didn't want to spend a bunch of money in case I didn't keep up with it. My buddy who's been playing for about 20 years was over yesterday watching football with me and he gave it a try and thought it was an excellent guitar for the price. He also said the amp was worth every penny I'd spent on the whole starter pack.

my $.02,
Brad

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.

ReplyQuote