Notifications
Clear all

Is This The Right Site For Me?

14 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@chryssa)
Topic starter  

Hi! I hope my question is not too stupid or sth... I was having guitar lessons and playing guitar for about 4 years but unfortunately I've stopped about 3 years ago. So now that I ve got time again i want to start playing again but I found out I've forgoten almost everything... :( . So i'm looking for a site where I can learn again the basics... My question is the following: can I use the lessons and chords in this site for classical and not acoustic guitar? thanks in advance!!! :D

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

This is a GREAT site for someone coming back to the guitar. SInce I never played classical guitar, I can't tell you if it contains ALL the information you require. But, it certainly has a ton of information for any beginner, regardless of style. The site is not "geared" for classical, though.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

There are knowledgeable people here who play classical guitar and can surely help you with many if not most of your questions. So, although this may not be your "only" site for learning, it sure is a great one!

Welcome to GN, by the way.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I can't honestly say I've picked up any classical guitar tips up from here, but then again, that's not really what I was looking for....but there is a wealth of lessons and good advice in here, a lot of which can be used in different styles of playing...

Anyway, welcome to GN, any questions, feel free to ask....that's what the forums are here for!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

We don't have much here for Classical Guitar - one day I'll get round to fixing that.

Try http://www.delcamp.net for Classical Guitar. I've not used it for lessons but I know there is a wealth of sheet music available and some video. One warning though - do not even think of posting mp3 or video material over there if you don't own the copyright or the work isn't in the public domain, you will find it disappears very quickly.

Do come back and tell us how it's going though, andwe're always happy to help if you run into problems.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome Chryssa! :)

Kalinigta! :D

Do you want to play your classical in a "classical way"? If you don't, you can use all this information (chords, lessons, etc.) for playing your classical, nylon string guitar. I used the lessons over three months with my classical guitar.

If you want play in the "classical way" then follow the other replies ;)

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

For sure, welcome.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@chryssa)
Topic starter  

thanks everyone !!! your answers really helped! I visited the site alan green sugested and I also used the chords and lessons from GN and its great! its all coming back to me after all. thanks again!!!

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

welcome....glad its coming back to you :lol:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to the Musical Madhouse!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Is this the right site for you? .......... YES!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Here's a link that will get you reaquanted with classical guitar...
http://www.resnets.com/tutorial/

Also, being that this is a Power Tab site, I recommend, downloading the program, it's free and, also, there is a site that has a ton of classical music.

Acoustic power. com

For everything else, come back here!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Here's the link to acoustic power.com'

They also have a link to the power tab program!

http://www.acousticpower.com/

By the way, Welcome! :D

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote