Clear all

Learning Keyboard

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well , so not exactly guitar , but i wanna learn to play chords on keyboard.Where can i get em ?any good sources on internet for that.

thanks guys ,

Rahul
The Guyswhowantfreebies Association :lol:

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

You might want to learn how chords are formed since that will make learning chords infinitely easier. First note that the white keys on a keybord are the notes of the C-major scale. The black keys are the accidentals. So if we stick to the white keys we have the following C-major diatonic chords:
C7M C E G B
Dm7 D F A C
Em7 E B G D
F7M F C A E
G G B D A
Am A C E G
Bm7/b5 B D F A

Leave the last note out to drop the seventh. Now get your keybord out and find the C note. Two keys to the right of it is the E, and two white keys to the right of that is the G. Press these three keys and you've got the C-major chord. Now let's take a look at the Am chord: A C E. Now with the C-major we already have the C and the E note, so all we need is a A instead of the G. Find the A below the C and play it together with the C and E note. That's the Am.

Note that you might want to play the chords as close as possible to each other. So you might want to play the C-major chord as G-C-E and the Am as A-C-E, you'll only have to move one finger to go from C to Am. Then move the E note one up to F and you've got A-C-F, which is F-major.

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Well , so not exactly guitar , but i wanna learn to play chords on keyboard.Where can i get em ?any good sources on internet for that.

recently i too have been wanting to learn to play the keyboard.

I almost bought one yesterday, a cheapie at 100 bucks but i want to learn :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

arjen !! thanks dude

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I've started to learn the piano as well, and I recommend learning actual songs on the piano. Why? because i've found that since it has both the treble and bass clef music, playing the piano is almost like playing the guitar and bass at the same time (or if you play classical guitar, playing guitar with a more interesting bass line), and so i think it really helps you understand how the two instruments (the bass and guitar) work together, as well, i've really found its easier to understand intervals and harmonies and such. It's really a quite versatile instrument and if I wasn't a huge rock fan (and in rock music, guitar is a must.) I'd probably practice piano alot more then i do.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

James: Make sure you get a keybord with MIDI in/outputs. That way you can hook your keybord up to your pc and use VST plugins, like Steinberg The Grand 2. Will sound infinitely better then the sound that you'll get out of the processor build in most cheap keybords.

No prob Rahul, if you've got further questions drop 'em right here.

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

thanks man!

ReplyQuote