Clear all

Looking for a beginner acoustic? Try a Yamaha

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@redpoint)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I was at Guitar Center the other day (looking for an electric), but decided to play some acoustics for the fun of it.

I just wanted to say for beginners who are looking for a nice, inexpensive acoustic guitar, I would recommend them to check out the Yamaha FG700S. It was only $200 and is a very nice solid top guitar that sounded great (nicer than a bunch of other more expensive guitars I tried).

(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

I second that... I have a Yamaha FG700S and love it... Here is a link... I'd highly recommend it.

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--YAMFG700S

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

how can i untrue the above statement.Yamaha acoustic was my first guitar but since i am left handed i am having a yamaha c-70 classical guitar restrung and sound beautiful

I have also played the earlier acoustic and it sound wonderful.Cheers YAMAHA.

Creating kando together ,

Rahul :D

ReplyQuote
(@mr_bungalow)
Trusted Member

I know some of you will crap on what I am going to say but musicians friend sells a Rouge (RA-1000D) for $50, usually with free shipping.

For a $50 guitar, the thing is built like a rock. It plays AWESOME, it is setup perfectly from the store, and it sounds good. Just make sure to get yourself some good strings with it, because the 'Quality Martin Strings' will turn your fingers black.

I would easily pit it against my Seegull s6+cedar.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

a 50 $ guitar better than seagull...i think there is some problem in tone.A 50 $ guitar will ultimately sound like 50 $ guitar only , its all in the prejudice.

If the rogue was real good then nobody would ever buy martins or gibson or ovations or seagulls.

Just my opinion but i am sure this is what most of the people should be saying ,

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@redpoint)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Actually, i met someone who kept a Rogue at work to play it. It sounded ok too, but I didn't play it myself. :)

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

I know some of you will crap on what I am going to say but musicians friend sells a Rouge (RA-1000D) for $50, usually with free shipping.

For a $50 guitar, the thing is built like a rock. It plays AWESOME, it is setup perfectly from the store, and it sounds good. Just make sure to get yourself some good strings with it, because the 'Quality Martin Strings' will turn your fingers black.

I would easily pit it against my Seegull s6+cedar.

I agree that rogue makes a quality guitar for $50. And it beats the heck out of other slightly more expensive guitars...some of which are hawked on TV by Zorro like characters. That being said, they aren't near the quality of the s6+ cedar...I own one and the sound/feel/tone/quality is way better on the seagul (as you would expect.) If you can only afford 50 bucks, go for the rogue, if you can go up to 200, go for the yamaha (great price for a solid top), and if you can afford a seagul, even the lower end ones, I'd say go for that.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@irght19kc)
Eminent Member

I have http://www.yamaha.ca/content/guitar/products/acousticguitars/F310/keyfeatures.jsp Yamaha F310 ... not expensive and play well.. i guest :D

Visit my BLOG!(in french...)

ReplyQuote